More job ads can be found in https://www.greenpeace.org.cn/about/jobs/
Please do submit your application letter and resume written in both Chinese and English
Greenpeace East Asia - Job description
Job title: Staff Accountant Beijing Office
Valid from: 25 January 2016
Job grade: 3
Reports to: Deputy of Finance Director
Line manages: 0
Overall purpose of the job
The main purpose of the job is to organize all of the finance support for Greenpeace Beijing office and provide financial assistance to Seoul office.
The accountant performs general accounting work in finance and accounting areas. He /she handles daily operation and weekly payments as well as prepares financial statements, budgets, statutory reports and tax returns; reconciles general ledger accounts; assists in the development and implementation of department policies, procedures, and programs in assigned areas; advises management and employees in areas of expertise; assists vendors and other related parties, assist Seoul office finance work, help to translate Korean documents to English or Chinese .
Conceptual tasks, Strategy development and/or Project management
- Understand accounting principles and know how to apply accounting principles into daily accounting operation
- Provide updated information to the managers regarding local accounting, taxation and other compliance regulations and policies
- Study and research related accounting, taxation and other NGO related compliance issue
- Handle daily accounting operations with SUN accounting system as well as weekly payments
- Assist to implement new reimbursement system
- Conduct new employee orientation (Finance policies and procedures)
- Support finance manager and deputy finance director by handling assigned ad-hoc projects
- Provide financial assistance to Seoul office, translate Korean document to English or Chinese
Compliance/Keeping Framework Conditions
- Perform month-end and year-end closing; reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly
- Assist in internal and external audits.
- Maintain and update records and ensure that they are filed in accordance with state , local and internal regulations and policies
- Prepare financial reports for various competent authorities as non-profit organization
- Sets and achieves goals
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with others
- Shares knowledge
- Trusts, values, and respects others
- Experience with the following software: Good excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Builds and manages relationships with other internal departments
- Ability to understand and synthesize relevant technical issues
- Recognize Greenpeace values
- The highest level of integrity
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Promote teamwork
- Ability to work under pressure
Specific Work Environment
- Office based in Beijing
- The position works in a standard office environment, may travel to Seoul office and other offices
At least 4 years accounting experience. Bachelor degree in accounting or related business area Fluent in English, Korean and Chinese Good communication skills.
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.
Please send your application letter and full English and Chinese resume with current and expected salary to:email@example.com (for positions based in mainland China)
All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.