【正在招聘职位】Senior Global Policy Advisor
More job ads can be found in https://www.greenpeace.org.cn/about/jobs/
Please do submit your application letter and resume written in both Chinese and English
Greenpeace East Asia - Job description
Job title: Senior Global Policy Advisor
Valid from: 23 January 2016
Job grade: Grade 5
Reports to: Political & External Affairs Manager
Overall purpose of the job
The Senior Global Policy Advisor is responsible for advising, developing and leading the implementation of global political strategies to support campaign goals.
S/he will assigned to lead projects or critical part within a project that require engagement in global geopolitics, multilateral or bilateral political processes.
The post holder may be assigned to lead projects or to design and implement political strategy for projects, which may involve other regions Greenpeace operates in.
The post holder demonstrates considerable independence and initiative in carrying out the responsibilities assigned by the manager.
The post holder provides direction and guidance to external consultants and temporary staff, as required, and prepares, monitors and controls expenses and budget for projects s/he leads.
Conceptual tasks, Strategy development and/or Project management
- Provide strategic advice on political strategy to projects which involve global geo-politics or require engagement in the multilateral or bilateral political processes.
- Lead the development and implementation of campaign plans to influence global or regional environmental politics and multilateral or bilateral political processes, to support campaign goals.
- Monitor external events and trends; provide timely political analysis and guidance to project teams for reactions.
- Provide strategic advice on China's global policies and Chinese overseas investment; support campaign projects with are related to these aspects when required.
- Provide strategic analysis of current and emerging trends in environmental politics.
- Represent Greenpeace multilateral political processes which are critical to achieving campaign objectives.
- Develop and cultivate relations with political and other stakeholders in accordance with the area of specialization and campaign’s political strategies.
- Develop campaign, media and policy lobby materials, including report, media briefing, press releases and commentaries.
- Act as spokesperson, participate in conferences and make public speeches in accordance with the area of specialization and campaign’s political strategies.
- Liaise with Greenpeace International and other Greenpeace offices in accordance with the area of specialization and campaign’s political strategies.
- Provide strategic advice to other Greenpeace entities on global political strategy, especially in relation to China's role in global environmental politics.
- Identify and implement ways to enhance skills and capacity to influence environmental politics.
Compliance/Keeping Framework Conditions
- Uphold Greenpeace's political independence and protect its image as an independent, authoritative voice for the environment.
- Ensure political relationships developed by different parts of the organization are properly managed.
- Professional , in particular at least 3 years of professional experience in engaging political actors.
- Sets and achieves goals, in particular proven ability to formulate and implement strategies to
influence political outcome.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with others
- Shares knowledge
- Trusts, values, and respects others
- Lobbying experience
- Knowledge or experience in (inter)national politics
- Understanding of the roles that science, politics, economics, industry, media, and social change play in campaigning.
- Knowledge of international, transnational, and global organizations
- Trained and experienced spokesperson
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to assess risk and potential implications
- Decision-making skills
- Presentation skills
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Resilient and determined
- Strategic orientation
- Creates and develops effective teams
- Global orientation
- Identification with Greenpeace goals and values.
- Ability to keep calm and work effectively under pressure.
- Be able to operate in fast changing circumstances with ability to quickly and effectively adjust plans to best deliver objectives.
Specific Work Environment
- The post holder works in a standard office environment, and is required to travel to other Greenpeace offices, campaign locations or locations where environmental problems require the presence of Greenpeace representatives.
- To work unsocial hours as necessary.
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.
Please send your application letter and full English and Chinese resume with current and expected salary to:firstname.lastname@example.org (for positions based in mainland China)
All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance