More job ads can be found in https://www.greenpeace.org.cn/about/jobs/
Please do submit your application letter and resume written in both Chinese and English.
Job title: Junior Legal Officer
Valid from: 28 January 2016
Job grade: G-3
Reports to: Legal Unit Head
Overall purpose of the job
The Junior Legal Officer provides support on getting access to suitable legal services for Greenpeace East Asia Beijing Office and provides practical advice on common day-to-day compliance issues and daily legal inquiries for Beijing Office. The Junior Legal Officer may provide legal support to other GPEA Offices in ad-hoc base as instructed by the Legal Unit Head.
Report to the Legal Unit Head
Conceptual tasks, Strategy development and/or Project management
- Legal Research Work: Conduct legal research, legal analysis and legal writing tasks assigned by Legal Unit Head; draft legal memos, briefs and (non-complex) correspondence on legal issues referred for organizational activities.
- Review on Contracts and other Legal Documents: provide professional advice on contract and other legal documents to protect the interest of the organization, or delegate such work to external lawyer and monitor the quality of work.
- Preparing Legal Risk Assessments: Ensure proposals for organizational activities and local legal advice are received in time; complete summaries of legal advice in order to enable the relevant staff to conduct risk assessments.
- Develop legal training opportunities and organize legal trainings.
- Legal Filing Work: Handle the work of legal documents filing, keep and monitor legal volumes.
Compliance/Keeping Framework Conditions
- Legal Compliance and Regulatory Work: assist Legal Unit Head to handle the legal inquiries from various teams, intellectual property issues, legal disputes settlement, as well as litigation management; and also assist with streamlining legal matters management work to improve the efficiency of legal support to the organization.
- Legal Knowledge Management: Develop and manage information on all jurisprudence favourable to Greenpeace as well as pro-active litigation conducted by Greenpeace or others; keep track of the updated laws and legislative proposals concerning organizational activities.
- Professional , in particular with civil, administrative and/or criminal legal issues; candidates holding bar qualification and with legal work experience will be given privilege
- Sets and achieves goals
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with others
- Shares knowledge
- Trusts, values, and respects others
- Knowledge and understanding of the NGO sector
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Legal writing skills
- Crisis management experience
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Ability to assess risk and potential implications
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Ability to understand and synthesize relevant legal issues
- Ability to think analytically and strategically
- Familiarity and affinity with activism
- Identification with Greenpeace goals and supportive of Greenpeace values
- Self-motivated and good team spirit
- Be able to work under stress
Specific Work Environment
- This position will be based in Beijing, occasional travel is required.
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.
Interested parties, please submit your cover letter to explain your motivation to apply the position and resume to :email@example.com . Please note if you fail to submit motivation letter your application will be deprioritized.
All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.