More job ads can be found in https://www.greenpeace.org.cn/about/jobs/
Please do submit your application letter and resume written in both Chinese and English.
Greenpeace East Asia - Job description
Job title: Finance Analyst (FA)
Valid from: 21 December 2015
Job grade: 4
Reports to: Compliance and Financial Analysis Advisor (CFAA). For one year, then shift to report to the Deputy Finance Director.
Line manages: None
Overall purpose of the job
The fundamental function of this position is to proactively provide the management with financial information relevant for decision making on all financial matters of the organisation.
High-level analytical skills along with a sound degree of financial reporting tools understanding are essential for this role, as this position is meant to contribute in developing and implementing reporting cycles and information flow mechanisms that provide an accurate picture on GP EA’s financial resources and assets.
As part of the Finance team, the Financial Analyst focuses on producing financial reports, while contributing to constantly improve the systems and platforms used for producing such reports.
The above implies getting involved in tendering software vendors, developing code for macros, SQL queries and other forms of report automation, hence this position has a close interaction with software developing representatives as well as other external parties for other financial matters. Besides developers, other frequently involved external parties may be auditors, tax advisors, as well as relevant government and tax authorities.
Interfaces / Cooperation:
- All relevant units at Greenpeace International (GPI), particularly the Performance Accountability and Learning (PAL) and the International Finance units.
- All GP EA units.
- Various external parties such as vendors, government, consultants, amongst others.
Conceptual tasks, Strategy development and/or Project management
- Produce the financial information required for internal Greenpeace East Asia reporting, which is compiled both regularly (i.e. monthly, quarterly and annually) and on-demand.
- Support the Finance team in compiling all the financial reports required by Greenpeace International as per the NRO Management and Reporting Standards.
- Contribute to the annual planning process, particularly with regards to budgeting and forecasting. This position provides historic income and expenditure information, and by compiling and reviewing all departmental budgets, creates future projections of various development scenarios.
- Proactively create any other ad hoc financial reports, analyses and dashboards that may be of value for decision-making to the management and/or budget holders.
- Use the existing reporting and analysis tools in the most efficient way to timely produce the above described financial information.
- Promote and implement innovative ways of using such tools, in order to extract information even more efficiently and make it more accessible to the receiving parties. This includes but is not limited to: develop pivot tables and linked files on shared folders to facilitate information processing and exchange, write macros to automate information-compiling tasks, create SQL queries in our reporting software to facilitate information filtering, etc.
- Stay on the lookout for new reporting tools in the market that may contribute to improve our financial analyses.
- When proposing acquisition of new reporting tools; tender and evaluate the vendors in the market offering the relevant technological solutions and propose them to the management for decisionmaking.
- Liaise with the selected external parties for implementing such new reporting tools and facilitate internal trainings where relevant.
Compliance/Keeping Framework Conditions
- Ensure the production of financial reports complying with the timelines indicated in the international finance calendar.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant Greenpeace's policies and standards with regards to financial reporting in accordance with the NRO Management and Reporting Standards
- Diligently take care of and protect the keys, cards, passwords and any other access mechanisms this position might be assigned to Greenpeace's assets and/or privileged information, as well as all documents and files containing information on them.
- Comply with Greenpeace policies at all times regarding funding sources, confidentiality, data handling, etc.
- Professional , in particular delivering high-quality products in all the aspects of the work.
- Sets and achieves goals, in particular towards measurable objectives both individually and for the team.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with others, in particular building constructive and long-term relationships with all parties involved in the job.
- Shares knowledge, in particular towards other team members who need to be in the loop of activities being carried out.
- Trusts, values, and respects others, in particular through having experience with and commitment to cultural diversity.
- Innovative , in particular considering the 'cutting-edge' core value of Greenpeace.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Business administration experience
- Financial writing skills
- Experience working with Excel
- Experience in financial analysis and reporting
- Experience in statistical analysis and reporting
- Experience with the following software: financial reporting software
- Experience with Microsoft Office (or equivalent), in particular VBA and MS Excel macros
- Experience with the following software: relational databases and SQL queries
- Experience with the following software: SaaS data mining/BI solutions (e.g. Cognos, Tableau, etc)
- Knowledge and understanding of the NGO sector
- Budget management experience
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reporting skills
- Team player
- Builds and manages relationships with providers or consultants
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Ability to understand and synthesize relevant issues:
- Resilient and determined
- Identification with Greenpeace goals and supportive of Greenpeace values
- Autonomous / sense for initiative / work independently
- Stress resistance
- Discretion and confidentiality
Specific Work Environment
- Based at any of the Greenpeace East Asia offices: Beijing, Seoul, Hong Kong or Taipei.
- Frequent and possibly extensive travel.
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.
Please send your application letter and full English and Chinese resume with current and expected salary to:firstname.lastname@example.org (for positions based in mainland China) All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.