More job ads can be found in http://www.greenpeace.org/china/ .
Please do submit your application letter and resume written in both Chinese
POSITION TITLE (ENGLISH): Data Analytics Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Data & Analysis Unit
2. Overall purpose of the job
The Data Analytics Specialist contributes to our continued development in data and analysis, particularly related to the areas of news media analysis and social media analysis. Working in collaboration with a team of dedicated analysts in the Analytics Unit, the Data Analytics Specialist provides support for optimizing the performance of our communications activities including news making, social media engagement, web optimization, email marketing, and online advertising. The Data Analytics Specialist is expected to focus on data and analysis that lead to learning and doing things differently. This position involves technical expertise in data and analytics, as well as skills in project management, communication, and teamwork.
This position is part of the Analytics Unit and works under the direction of the Head of Analytics. It is based in the Program Department of Greenpeace East Asia in Beijing, China. We collaborate closely with our colleagues in communications and campaigns.
4. Major functions/responsibilities
Conceptual tasks, Strategy development and/or Project management
- Act as a key interface and expert on communications data for our colleagues.
- Proactively identify data and analysis that lead to learning and specific contributions to decision-making for our campaigns and communications.
- Achieve and maintain a high level understanding of the current data flow, including data sources, structure,and content.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement to current processes especially in terms of data storage, analysis and communications tactics.
- Keep up-to-date on emerging technologies and look for opportunities to apply these new solutions to our work.
- Develop queries and reports on a case-by-case basis to answer specific problems or questions posed by our colleagues in communications and campaigns. Current tools include MySQL (phpMyAdmin), Access, Excel, and Google Spreadsheets.
- Research and analyze communications tactics and strategies for impact.
- Assess web performance and search engine optimization (SEO) with tools including Google Analytics and Optimizely.
- Design and implement tests for the optimization of supporter recruitment and engagement. This may include A/B testing email and web pages, as well as online ads (Baidu and Google).
- Present complex information in a way that is easily understood by our colleagues.
- Lead capacity building in the Analytics Unit in at least one of the following areas: content and text analysis, natural language analysis, network analysis, predictive modeling.
- Coordinate with colleagues in other departments to the plan, implement, and evaluate digital communications. This includes news making, social media, web, email and online ads.
- Coordinate with colleagues in other departments to plan, implement, and evaluate news making.
- Coordinate with colleagues in other departments to apply lessons learned from the data and analysis.
- Coordinate with colleagues in other departments to run experiments and optimize the performance of supporter recruitment and engagement.
Compliance/Keeping Framework Conditions
- Assess, improve and automate existing data flow as necessary, including support for API connections and data extract, transformation and load (ETL) processes. Possibly help expand our tool set to include a scripting language (like R or Python).
5. Competency profile
- Professionalism, in particular ability to keep deadlines and present quality work.
- Achievement, in particular demonstrated excellence in data and analysis
- Interpersonal relationships, in particular building trust and collaborating with others.
- Knowledge sharing, in particular presentation and illustration of the value of data and analysis.
- Values diversity, in particular working with people from different countries and backgrounds.
- Innovation, in particular demonstrating creative solutions with insights from data and analysis.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the following specific software: … MySQL, SQL, or Access.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Database management, in particular ETL processes.
- Fluency in written and spoken in the following language: ... Mandarin Chinese
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Skills in written and verbal communication
- Project management
- Ability to evaluate and assess
- Presentation and reporting skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Intellectual ability to understand technical issues necessary/useful for the job
- Self motivated
- Identification with Greenpeace goals and supporter of Greenpeace values
- Discretion and confidentiality
7. Specific Work Environment
- Office based in Bejing, China.
- Occasionally planned and unplanned after-hours work may be required.
- Some travel may be necessary.
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.
Please send your application letter and full English and Chinese resume with current and expected salary to:
email@example.com (for positions based in mainland China)
All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.
Conditions Of Employment
Conditioned working hours is 37.5 hours/ week from Monday to Friday.
Annual Leave System
|Year of service completed in Greenpeace worldwide||
No. of entitlement in a year
7th year or above
Greenpeace offers Social Insurance, Housing Provident Funds, and supplementary commercial insurance package during employment. Further details about these benefits will be provided if appointed.
Learning And Development
Greenpeace offers a combination of in house and external training opportunities throughout the year.
Greenpeace also offers study leave for courses related to your work and assistance is available for relevant further education qualifications. For further information on learning and development opportunities please speak to the Staff Development Team.
How To Apply
Please send your CV, a covering letter written both in English and Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: dd/mm/yyyy
Your CV should outline your skills and experience, and include contact details of two referees. We will not take up references until a job offer has been made.
Your covering letter is the most important part of your application. It should be used to tell us how you meet the selection criteria listed on the person specification. Draw particular attention to experience, skills, achievements and knowledge gained in past employment or other activities which are relevant to the job. It may be easiest to use the headings relating to the requirements detailed in the person specification and demonstrate how you meet them. Please ensure your covering letter is no more than 4 pages long (4 sides of A4).
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised vacancies we are unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted and we apologise for this in advance.
Getting To The Greenpeace Office
3/F, Julong Office Building, Block 7, Julong Garden, 68 Xinzhong Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China.
Line 2 Chaoyangmen Station, Dongsishitiao Station both within 10/15 minutes walking distance of our office.
The 3, 113, 115, 118, 416, 431, 701, 758, Te 16 buses all stop at the Dongsishitiaoqiaodong station
The75, 101,109, 110, 112, 420, 650 buses all stop at Chaoyangmenwai station
Both stations within 10/15 minutes walking distance of our office.